Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Quilt Market Spring 2010 - Part 1

Hello all you wonderful people out there in Blog World! I'm back from Quilt Market in Minneapolis and it was FANTASTIC! I made some great new friends (Karen and Kelly - You ladies rock!), saw lots of old friends and saw tons of beautiful new things that I can't wait to share with you. So here goes.....

The picture above is from Crabapple Hill's booth. Those twig trees covered in vintage labels got everyone to stop and stare! I want one of those in my house!

Next up is Sandi Henderson. She always has one of the best booths at market.
And the amazing chairs from Fall Market 2009 made it back. I was so excited to see them again....
Her new patterns look adorable. This is the Petal Skirt....
And this is the Berry Picker Skirt....
She's also coming out with an adorable adult version of her Ruffle Pants - Yay! I LIVE for cute loungewear. Unfortunately, I didn't see any of the new "Sway Pants" on display in her booth. But just imagine these pants in a grown up version.....
And on to Patty Young's booth. Patty and her husband Jon are some of the nicest people around. And they won 2nd place for Best Double Booth this year. Go Patty! And Jon!
Her booth was made up to look like a little girls room in bright shades of turquoise, purple and orange. And you can even see the edge of an aqua Hello Kitty sewing machine on the left. Just what every girl needs! And her new bag patterns are so cute....
Next up is Pillow & Maxfield's booth. Check this out....
It was a hot pink, turquoise and lime green outdoor paradise with a bench and birdhouses and stuffed birds everywhere. They covered all the birdhouses in fabric.....
And what bird would be seen in public without a flower on her head????
And then we're off to Lakehouse! I LOVE Lakehouse!
Their booth is always so feminine and full of wonderful little details....
Next up is Taylor Made Designs. Her apron patterns are amazing. They're so detailed and pretty that I'd want to wear them everywhere....not just in the kitchen....
And her new purses with frayed edges are adorable....
And Fig Tree Hill's booth is always a luscious, creamy, dreamy land of warmth and coziness....
And there's even a bed to curl up on when your feet get tired at Market.....
And the next place to rest is the ThimbleBlossoms booth.....
This was towards the end of the day and I seemed to be focused on taking photos of places to rest! Anway.....her booth was fresh and sweet and full of soft reds, greens and aquas.
The quilts in her booth were absolutely amazing and I kept going back to take another look....
Next up is Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs who completely amazed everybody with her nursery booth. She won first place for Best Double Booth. Her big blue ribbon is right in the middle!
Here is Lily's side of the nursery.....
And here is Will's side.....
And this is her adorable new Bitty Pincushion - it's an Owl this time. Did I mention that Owls were EVERYWHERE at Quilt Market this year? You couldn't go 10 ft without seeing another adorable Owl....
Serendipity Studio's booth is the worlds cutest little boutique full of gorgeous dresses, jackets and purses.....
And the designer, Kay is the bubbliest, sweetest, most energetic person I've ever meet. She never got tired of posing for pictures for the bazillion people who asked.....
And finally we're at Moda and the two quilt kits that got me to fall head over heels in love with them. This is a quilt from the new It's A Hoot Collection by MoMo. Yup. Owls again.
And this is the quilt from the new Dream On Collection by Urban Chiks. My jaw hit the floor when I saw the Dream On Collection for the first time. It. Was. Awesome.
Well folks....that's it for today. Tomorrow I'll tell you a little bit more about the fabric collections I'm gonna get. I can't wait!

Happy Sewing,
Jenny

5 comments:

Denise said...

WOW!!! Almost as good as being there! Loved your quilt market post!

Sew Here We Are said...

Wow is right!! Loved all the pics..Thanks!!!

Kelly McCants said...

What great photos! I am already jelouse that I won't be making it to the fall show to hang out with you and Karen, I'll expect a full report and an a tweet drink!

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

fabulous! thanks for sharing!

Kona Bay Fabrics Blog said...

Hi Jenny-

Thanks for blogging about your Quilt Market activities!

As a vendor at Quilt Market, I do not always get out and look at all the beautiful booths so thanks for sharing!!

That's pretty cool you let your readers know what went on!!


Douglas Eagleson
President, Kona Bay Fabrics