Monday, November 23, 2009

Emma's Pick Of The Week - Big Birdies!

Hey There, it's me Emma Jane! This week I chose the Birdie Big Blocks Quilt Pattern as my pick of the week. And oh boy, do I ever have a good reason for picking it! We saw a Red Tailed Hawk hanging out right outside our house over the weekend! And let me tell you something - it was a big birdie! So, in honor of Mr. Red Tailed Hawk I picked this pattern.
It's a simple quilt done with fusible applique. You could probably even finish it in a weekend. Imagine how cute it would look in the Par Avion fabric from the Flights of Fancy Collection....
Or in this colorway.....
Or in this one.....
I love the way the circles and bird motifs in the fabric would match the circles and birds in the quilt. I also think this quilt would look really cute in fabrics from the Darla Collection....
I hope you like my pick this week! See ya next week!

XOXO,
Emma Jane

No comments: