Thursday, June 30, 2011

Preppy In Pink

Hello all! I mentioned in my last post that I'm easily distracted and here is the proof. I'm the type of person who has to have multiple projects going on at once - a few applique projects, a few embroidery projects, a few clothing projects, a few pieced quilt projects.....well..... you get the idea. I am definitely NOT the type of person who finishes one project before starting the next. So, once I get bored looking at the black and oranges of my Halloween project I can jump back to the preppy pinks and greens of my Hooterville Quilt that I started a few months ago. Here's what the pattern cover looks like.....
I thought this quilt would look adorable in all pinks and greens. So, I began eyeing this bucket of fabrics on my bookshelf. I'd been hoarding this fabric for years.....just waiting for the perfect project.....
I finally dove into the bucket and started cutting and planning and prepping applique pieces. And of course I had to grab a few new fabrics from the shop! (I use the freezer paper and starch applique method, by the way. Should I write a tutorial on that???)
And here is where I'm currently at with my Hooterville quilt. The owl bodies are done. And the wings are almost done. Next up, those owls need some eyes, beaks and feet....
I love my preppy pink and green color palette. I think it's kind of drool worthy. And if you love those colors as much as I do check out this new "Preppy In Pink Fat Quarter Bundle." I put it together for all of my fellow pink-a-holics.
Aaaahhhh.....it's total pink and green heaven.....
And guess what happens tomorrow??? I pick the winner of June's Giveaway, list the fabric winners and post a new Giveaway!

Hopefully I'll have a finished quilt to show you sometime very soon....hopefully....

Until then.....Happy Sewing,
Jenny

8 comments:

Sallie said...

Hey! I recognize some of those pink and green fabrics! I've recently completed a drunkard's path baby quilt using some of those, and I'm working on another baby sampler quilt in pinks and green right now (again, using some of those fabrics!)

Mommarock said...

Oh I can see why you hoarded those fabrics, they are to die for!! Can't wait to see the finished project!!

Melody said...

That is going to be adorable.

Unknown said...

This is going to be a cute quilt! Can't wait to see the finished product. :)

Susan said...

Pink and green-my favourite colour combo! And owls- another obsession! Love it!

Beverly said...

OH, YES a tutorial on the applique method you use would be so welcome. Applique scares me! I just figure right off the bat - I can't do it! Love the pinks and greens for your quilt.

Kristy said...

Love the idea of picking a color theme for the Hooterville pattern! And your choices look beautiful...can't wait to see it finished!!! :)

Turtle said...

so cute! received my order yesterday, can't wait to get cutting!