Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Dazed And Confused

Wow......what just happened???  The last month been a total blur!  I closed the shop and about two days later I came down with a most unpleasant case of the flu.  Sore throat.  Body aches.  Fatigue.  Congestion.  And I spent the next two weeks either in bed or on the sofa.....but at least I had good company....
Baxter was a devoted companion and rarely left my side.  Isn't it amazing how they just know when we really, really need them!  His epic snuggling skills were very therapeutic....
Emma was also a dedicated caregiver.....
And fortunately, I started feeling well enough to help her celebrate her 8th birthday on March 13th!
There were lots of hugs and kisses and homemade pup-cakes and a "Mommy and Me" trip to the park where we wandered around a very quiet and serene duck pond.....
 And enjoyed the beauty of a spring day in central California.....
And tomorrow we have another HUGE holiday we're celebrating!   It's Baxter's first birthday!!!  My sweet little Boo is growing up so fast!

I can't wait to help him celebrate!  And I can't wait to get all caught up and show you all of the cool things I've been up to but was too sick to tell you about!  And I can't wait for life to get back to normal......even though I have no idea what "normal" is right now because I'm heading down a new path!   But I can't wait to find out!

Hugs,
Jenny

2 comments:

ShirleyC said...

I kept up with your sick days on FB. I hate being sick as I feel like I'm wasting so much time that I need to be working on projects.
You sure had some good caretakers! I know they helped you to get well faster.

Missy Shay said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! Our pets have a sixth sense of knowing when we don't feel well, whether it is emotional or physical.