Monday, February 8, 2010

Emma's Pick Of The Week - Regatta

Ahoy There! It's me, Emma Jane! As you can see by my snazzy sailor hat I'm in a very nautical mood today. I wish I were sailing across aqua waters on a warm, sunny, summer day right now. I'm guessing that those of you in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic are vigorously nodding your heads in agreement right now. That's why I picked the Regatta Quilt Kit from the Nautical & Nice Collection....
Isn't it amazing? And those sailboats are done with piecing not applique! There's a great diagram in the pattern showing how the individual sailboat blocks are put together. And I just LOVE the border fabric....
It looks like plain blue ticking from a distance but up close you can see all the cute red stars and other details. And I would suggest some Nice Navy Waves for the backing....
This Sea Dog is gonna go take a nap and dream of easy, breezy, warm summer days.

XOXO,
Captain Emma Jane

No comments: