Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Athena Skirt - Take Two

Here is my second attempt at making an Athena Skirt. On the evening of July 3 I decided that I needed a new red, white and blue skirt to wear on the 4th of July and this is what I came up with. I used fabrics from the Flights Of Fancy Collection by Paula Prass for Michael Miller.

Again, I left off the 4th tier and I left off the ruffles in between the tiers. And this time I took about 4" off the width of Tier 1 (that's the tier with the birds and circles on the white background). I'm really happy with a less voluminous Tier 1.......which means there's less volume right over my hips and thighs! And here is my fabulous self-portrait.....
I have ideas for about five more Athena Skirts! I could just live in these skirts all summer - they're quick, easy, cute and comfortable. Oh.....I just realized that if I make five more skirts I'll have a total of seven.....one for each day of the week! Yay!

Happy Sewing,
Jenny

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have some extra scraps that would make a great skirt like this!