Friday, November 18, 2011

A Very Ruby Christmas

Hey there! Remember me? Wow - it's been chaotic around here the last few weeks. If you've been to the website lately you'll know why! We're in the middle of giving the shop a major "facelift." We're still working on redoing the Home Page and tweaking a few other things but it's almost done! I'm so excited about the fresh new look that "she" has. And as you can imagine everything else came in 2nd to getting the new website up and running. Stuff like the blog, my own sewing projects, feeding myself and putting on clothes that aren't pajamas are all projects that were temporarily pushed aside!

But in the midst of all this website chaos an adorable new pattern arrived at the shop called Merry, Merry Snowmen by Bunny Hill Designs.
After this pattern arrived I started looking through all the fabrics in the shop to see what would work with this pattern and then it hit me. RUBY!
I hadn't noticed before how Ruby is so very, very perfect for Christmas projects. Just look at all that red and green! And the silvery grey and icy aqua are perfect for Christmas too!
I have sooooo many quilts on my list of things to make but I really want to add this one to the list. I'd love to grab a Layer Cake, a Fat Quarter Bundle and some extra red, grey and white/cream yardage and dive in. And Ruby Quirky would be the perfect border for my quilt, don't you think? It' so sweet!
I've been working really hard on the new website and I think I deserve a reward! So, I might just tiptoe off to the shop and gather up some fabric before I get back to working on the website. Don't you think that's the perfect plan?

Happy Sewing,
Jenny

P.S. Ruby is by Bonnie & Camille for Moda Fabrics.

No comments: