Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ruby Pre-Cuts Have Arrived!

Good news!!! The Ruby Pre-Cuts by Bonnie and Camille for Moda Fabrics just arrived! The colors and prints are absolutely gorgeous. I may need to re-decorate a room in my house just so I have a good excuse to use lots and lots of this fabric. And I must confess....I was NOT a big fan of the fact that grey is the hot new color this year. I usually think of grey as a somewhat cold and dreary color. But this collection has completely won me over. This grey is WARM. And soft. And snuggly. It has made me LOVE grey!

There are 36 different prints in the pre-cut bundles. We have Charm Packs, Jelly Rolls and Layer Cakes.
The moment I opened the box of pre-cuts my mind started racing with ideas of how to use this fabric. Of course you could make the In A Jiffy quilt or Sherbet Stars quilt that are shown in the Ruby Collection.....

Or they would look great in the brand new Garden Paths or Blossoms Quilts that I mentioned a few days ago....

And how cute would Ruby be in these applique quilts??? Wouldn't a whole bunch of Ruby owls in the Hooterville Quilt or Scotty Dogs in the Bitsy Button & Friends be too cute for words???

Or how about a sweet, little quilt from the Schnibbles Collection. Maybe the brand new Spot Pattern or the oldie but goodie State Fair Pattern.....

I still haven't decided which quilt I'm going to make with Ruby yet.....so maybe I should just make one of each! What are you planning on making with Ruby?

Happy Sewing,
Jenny

P.S. The Pre-Cuts arrive a few weeks before the yardage arrives, they tend to sell out fast and unfortunately they can't be re-ordered. If you have your heart set on getting a certain pre-cut you might not want to wait for the yardage to arrive.

1 comment:

jlk said...

I don't know what I'm going to make yet, but I know it will be pretty :)