Monday, July 22, 2013

The Next Work In Progres.....

We have a winner!  Camping In Style in the Madhuri fabric collection is going to be my next pieced Work In Progress.  It won the "vote" by a very small margin with Victory Garden nipping at it's heels.
Madhuri fabric for Camping in Style quilt pattern
The first block is almost done and I already have a great piece of advice for anyone who is thinking about attempting this quilt:  Use solids or small, non-directional prints for the "frames" on the blocks until you get the hang of making them.  I can't even imagine the mental gymnastics I would have had to perform to figure out how to deal with a directional print on this first block.  It took a few extra brain cells just to figure out how to make it with solid borders....not many extra brain cells....just a few. 
Camping In Style quilt block made from Madhuri fabric
So far I can say that you don't need to be intimidated by this pattern.  It only looks complicated.  If you just go slow, read the directions and think each step through before you sew the next seam you should be fine!

And now I need to go fix that seam in the aqua border on the right side of the block.  That puckering is driving my CRAZY!

Happy Sewing,
Jenny

P.S.  I'm using a Madhuri Fat Quarter Bundle and some Moda Bella Solids including Goldenrod, Light Lime and Robin's Egg.  I will probably use Muslin Mates White Swirls as my white as that has become my "go to" white for quilts these days.

2 comments:

The Mom said...

I love this. Love the colors, Love the pattens!!!!

grayhen said...

BEAUTIFUL I love it. Almost tempting me to do one!!!!!!