Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Meghan Peasant Dress

Just in case you were wondering I still sew things on occasion.  It seems like forever and a day since I've had any sort of completed project or work in progress to show you because the last few weeks were....well....shall we say kind of chaotic and there wasn't much time for FUN!  But I managed to make this Meghan Peasant Dress (PDF Pattern) by Sis Boom in ONE AFTERNOON a few weekends ago and now I'm finally getting around to showing it off using a fabulous iPhone self portrait......
Meghan Peasant Dress by Sis Boom
This was my first time making a Sis Boom pattern and I've got to say I'm in love.  The directions are well written, there are tons of diagrams, there are tons of sleeve length and skirt length variations and there are no zippers or buttons in this dress.  And you know how I tremble in fear when a pattern calls for zippers or buttons! 
Meghan Peasant Dress by Sis Boom Michael Miller Fabric
But don't freak out like I did the first time you see that a Sis Boom PDF pattern has about 200 pages!  You only need to print off about 20 pages to get the right pieces for your size and sleeve length. 
Nautical Plaid Quilting Fabric
And don't you just love the fabric I used for my dress?!  It's Seaside Madras Patch from the Shore Thing Collection by Michael Miller.  I feel like it's very preppy and nautical and studious all at the same time which is why I've been calling this my "back to school dress."  Because even grown ups who aren't in school should still get new back to school clothes, right?!  But wait.....I'm taking an intensive Illustrator class so I kind of am in school, aren't I?  And speaking of Illustrator.....we got into a huge fight yesterday so I'm kind of scared to take my next class today.  Fingers crossed that Illustrator and I will be on speaking terms again today and that our love affair can continue!  Wish me luck!

Hugs,
Jenny

2 comments:

jane said...

love the dress. love the fabric!!

Leanne said...

Looks great! I'm going to make one for myself :)