Monday, January 21, 2013

Thirty Nine

Last Monday, January 14, I celebrated my 39th birthday.....and I have to say.....so far....39 feels a lot like 38! 

On the Friday before my birthday Col. Sew Fab took me to a nice little Bed and Breakfast in Destin for a mini-vacation and this is what I saw when I walked in the room......
Sew Fabulous Quilt Shop birthday
And then we went out for a nice dinner with Mama Sew Fab and feasted on lobster bisque and filet mignon and creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes and red wine and a luscious molten chocolate cake....
sew fabulous quilt shop birthday dessert
And the next day we had brunch overlooking the water and went for a nice long walk on the beach.....
sew fabulous quilt shop birthday vacation
And on my actual birthday we made homemade fettucine alfredo after I spent the day watching t.v. and sewing and dollhousing in my pajamas.....
sew fabulous quilt shop birthday dinner
And then Col. Sew Fab decorated my birthday cake after I baked it.  I'd say he did a pretty amazing job!
sew fabulous quilt shop birthday cake
So next year is the BIG birthday....the big Four-Oh!  I feel like I should accomplish something big this year before I turn 40 but I'm not quite sure what that is yet.  If I figure it out I'll let you know!  But for now I'm going to continue celebrating the month of JENuary....because I don't just take a day for my birthday....I take the WHOLE month!

Hugs,

Jenny

3 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

Henderson Park Inn!!!!!!! My absolute favorite place in the world! And...the best happy hours ;)

Spoolhardy Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Jen!! I'm sliding into 50 this year. Don't worry. The view is pretty good from this side of the decade!

mamaSewFab said...

Glad you had such a good retreat over to Destin. Had a good time with you at dinner!! Have a great 39 year.