Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Work In Progress Wednesday - Granny-ing Again


Going Coastal by Emily Herrick for Michael Miller Fabrics
I am happy to announce that I now actually have something to sew!!!  All of the squares have been cut for my Going Coastal Granny Square quilt including 144 white squares (which I almost forgot about).  Now I'm just playing around with placement of squares and colors - I LOVE that part!
Going Coastal fabric by Emily Herrick for Michael Miller
I'm thinking that I might put the Gray Sea Star fabric in the center of each block.  I like the way it picks up the gray in the edge of the fussy cut Bottle Caps and creates a bit of consistency throughout the whole quilt. And maybe I'll even do light gray sashing instead of white sashing....we'll see....

And as for the rest of my Works in Progress.....well....it's getting kind of scary!  Since I last did a Work In Progress Wednesday post I've started the Dollhouse bakery and I've started buying supplies for the French Provincial Dollhouse Winery - two HUGE projects.  I just can't seem to stop myself from starting new projects when an idea pops into my head!!!  Restraint and common sense are SOOOOO over-rated!

Happy Sewing,
Jenny

Here are this weeks stats.

Active WIPs:  5  - That number is up one since my last WIP!
-Going Coastal Granny Square Quilt
-Dollhouse Bakery
-Hooterville:  Top is pieced.  Owls just need French knot eyes.  Then it's time for quilting!

-Little White Dollhouse:  Lots of progress in dollhouse land.  I'm getting bleary eyed painting teeny, tiny doors, windows and mouldings.  

-Vintage Valentine:  I've started prepping freezer paper templates!
Must Make:  French Provincial Dollhouse Winery

Back Burner WIPs:  4
Ready To Go:  21 - That number is down ONE from last week because the Going Coastal Granny Square quilt was "promoted" to Active WIP!
Must Make:  10 - That number is unchanged from last week!
New Projects: 
Forgotten/Abandoned Projects:  Didn't find any last week - Yay!


 



3 comments:

Greta said...

I think your quilt looks great. I love the orange and navy together. Two often overlooked colors in quilting :)

Cinderella Moments said...

Your quilt is already looking beautiful. I agree with you on the gray. It also makes your quilt look very chic! I can't wait to see your bakery all decked out!
hugs♥,
Caroline

Missy Shay said...

I think the gray for the middle square and sashing is a great idea! You could do that aqua for the background fabric too! I like to have all of my center squares match too.