Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Work In Progress Wednesday - 90% Rule


Going Coastal Quilt fabric by Emily Herrick for Michael Miller
Wowza - half of the blocks for my Going Coastal Granny Square Quilt and DONE!  The blocks are all just a wee bit wonky.....and the seams aren't perfectly matched up.....but I'm just following my 90% Rule.  If it looks 90% perfect to me then it's perfect enough and I'll move onto the next one.  Isn't sewing a lot more fun when you just let go of the pressure to try and make everything perfect?  And since my goal is to have fun and not to win some sort of "Perfect Piecing Award" I'm just going to keep calm and carry on making the perfectly imperfect blocks that I love so much.

Here are this weeks stats which are unchanged from last week because.....well....sometimes kitties take priority over sewing and crafting!

Active WIPs:  5 
-Going Coastal Granny Square Quilt - Blocks are halfway done.
-Dollhouse Bakery - almost done putting up the siding.
-Hooterville:  Sandwiched and hand quilting has begun!
-Little White Dollhouse:  Neglected last week.
-Vintage Valentine:  I've started prepping freezer paper templates!
Must Make:  French Provincial Dollhouse Winery  - Making a supplies list
 
Back Burner WIPs:  4
Ready To Go:  21
Must Make:  10 - That number is unchanged from last week!
New Projects:  NONE
Forgotten/Abandoned Projects:  Didn't find any last week - Yay!



2 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Your blocks look great! I agree 90% is a reasonable number. We look at projects so closely when we're making them and I know most people don't see the flaws that we do. Plus handmade isn't meant to be perfect.

Ginny said...

Your blocks rock!! I love them! I have some Going Coastal yardage but just haven't settled on a pattern to show it off and your blocks inspire me to get moving!