Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!


Happy New Year!  So, it's that time of year when we're supposed to look back and reflect on the previous year and make all sorts of plans for the next year.  In a way it seems so silly because there's nothing inherently special or significant about the first day of January but for some reason I still really like the whole idea of starting a brand new chapter with a clean slate.

This past year has been.....well.....pretty unremarkable for me.  As I look back on the year there weren't any really BIG events in my life.  I finished a few projects.....I took care of a few sick pets.....I ran a lot.....I re-discovered my love of dollhouses.....I worked hard.....I staycationed hard.....I got a hot tub for my birthday.....but there were really no big, defining moments of 2012 for me.  It was the year where Col. Sew Fab was promoted to Colonel and he had his final flight in the F-15 and he started a new job so it was definitely a big year for him so I kind of had a BIG year by association, right?!  I guess 2012 was the year where I was just along for the ride!

But I'm making all sorts of big plans for 2013!  I'm taking about a week to figure out what my goals for the year are - quilts, dollhouses, business, home organization, exercise (half marathon in 2013?) and all of those big secret projects that got put on hold over the holidays.  And once I have all of my goals written out I think I'm going to hand the list over to Col. Sew Fab and let him work out the details and make a yearlong schedule for me and tell me how on earth I'm going to accomplish everything - LOL!  He's really good at that!

And if you're wondering......the photo is Col. Sew Fab.....on New Year's Eve.....holding lit fireworks with kitchen tongs and running around the backyard.   Fighter Pilots know how to celebrate and have a good time!

Hope you're having a great year so far and I'd love to hear what your plans/resolutions are for the year!

Hugs,
Jenny




3 comments:

mom said...

i think it is great that you had a year that did not have a crisis - no rotary cuts, all pets making it through and fun with the "magical" colonel. oh, and weekends on the water and your projects -- hope the next year is also good to you and your family!

PamKittyMorning said...

Happp New Year! Can't wait to hear what the new year holds for you two!

PamKittyMorning said...

Happp New Year! Can't wait to hear what the new year holds for you two!